Old Adaminaby Cemetery is situated on a hill overlooking Lake Eucumbene. Access is off the Snowy Mountains highway, 10 kilometres south of Adaminaby and 8 kilometres along an unsealed road. This was the cemetery for the old township before it was flooded by the Snowy Hydro Electric Scheme.
Although the township of Old Adaminaby no longer exists, the cemetery is still open for burials.
Old Adaminaby is divided into three main sections; Catholic, Anglican and General.
It does not have a Columbarium however ashes can be interred in an existing gravesite.
Adaminaby is a result of the Kiandra gold rush in 1860, it was proclaimed a town in 1885 under the name of Seymour. The name was changed in to Adaminaby on 9th October 1886 to avoid confusion with Seymour, a town in Victoria. Prior to this time it was a cattle station ran by York and Cosgrove. The town came into being after the gold rush at Kiandra in 1860 it was a half way staging camp between the Kiandra goldfields and Cooma.
In 1949, work began on the Snowy Mountains Hydro Electric scheme. The town was to be flooded for the formation of Lake Eucumbene and the new town was to be established a few kilometres to the east. Many of the buildings, churches and houses were moved and rebuilt on the new site.