Following the opening of the Snowy River Community Recycling Centre on Monday 23 January 2017, the centre is now open 7 days a week, 10am to 2pm, for the public to drop off problem household waste.
The centre accepts the following items for FREE:
• Water-based and oil-based paints (includes water and solvent based paint, decking oil)
• Used motor and cooking oils (includes engine oil, 2 stroke, diesel oil, lubricating oil, brake fluid, coolant)
• Lead-acid and hand-held batteries
• Gas cylinders and fire extinguishers
• Conventional tube and compact fluorescent lamps
• Smoke detectors
The new recycling facility located at Jindabyne Regional Waste Management Facility, Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne, will help bring long-term environmental and health benefits to the Snowy Monaro community by keeping household problem waste out of kerbside bins, reducing the amount of environmentally hazardous and recyclable materials that end up as landfill.
The construction of the Centre followed a grant of $139,300 from the State
Government last year to the former Snowy River Shire Council through the NSW
Environment Protection Authority’s (EPA) Waste Less, Recycle More initiative.
For more information on the Community Recycling Centre at the Jindabyne Landfill or any other waste and recycling related matters please phone 1300 345 345.