Snowy Monaro Regional Council has been recognised for its work in the community with Council named as a finalist in six categories for the 2018 Local Government Excellence Awards (LG Awards).
From hosting major events, to increasing cultural connections within the Snowy Monaro, six Council projects are in the running to take home a LG Award. The Awards promote achievement and excellence in the NSW local government sector.
The following six projects are finalists in the LG Awards. The Awards celebrate outstanding achievements and promote innovation and continuous improvement in local government.
Award categories and projects in the running for awards:
• Local Economic Contribution - L’Etape Australia by Tour de France
• Special Project - Pay It Forward Project (Companion Animals Project)
• Service Delivery Initiative - Extensive Service Review Analysis Projects
• Community Partnerships & Collaboration - ‘Cooking for Cohesion’
• Asset Management & Infrastructure - Lake Wallace Dam
• Organisational Diversity & Inclusion - Snowy Monaro Regional Council Youth Council
“This is a wonderful achievement to have six projects named as finalists in these prestigious awards. Each project has improved the economic, social and cultural well-being of our community,” Snowy Monaro Regional Council Mayor, John Rooney said.
“The projects have made a long standing contribution to the region. Council either facilitates or partners with many, many projects that benefit our community.
“I wish those involved with each project the very best of luck, and hope Council comes away with a few Awards.”