Council requests that residents and businesses present their waste, recycling and organic bins correctly to the kerb for collection. This is to assist in continuing to run an efficient service to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Bins are to be placed correctly to kerb the night before your scheduled collection day to avoid a missed collection. Bins are to be returned to the household within 24 hours.
• Any bin that is not present to the kerb correctly will NOT be emptied.
• Bins are required to be correctly presented prior to being emptied or;
• The bin will need to wait until your next scheduled collection day (following week) to be emptied.
• By presenting the bins correctly to the kerb, decreases the collections staff having to have any unnecessary additional contact with the bins.
• Bins must be placed 1 metre apart and be kept away from objects such as letter boxes, trees, parked cars and overhanging power lines.
• Bins should be placed facing the road with wheels/handles towards the house.
Residents are requested to consider the conditions when placing waste, recycling and organic bins out for collection. If your bins can last until the next collection, when adverse weather conditions are being experienced please don’t put bins out unless absolutely necessary. This will limit the number of bins that may get blown over.
We appreciate your support at this time, if you have any questions please phone 1300 345 345.