Notice is given pursuant to Part 5 of the Pesticides Regulation2017, Snowy Monaro Regional Council will be carrying out the following herbicide applications on roadsides, reserves, operational lands and selected Crown lands within the Snowy Monaro region:
· Flupropanate products for the control of Serrated Tussock, African Lovegrass, Chilean Needle Grass, Coolatai Grass and other exotic, perennial grass weeds.
· Glyphosate 450 for the control of exotic, perennial grass weeds as detailed above; in addition to the non-selective control of general weeds around guideposts, signs, under guardrails and in urban situations.
· Roundup bioactive or alternative aquatic approved Glyphosate formulation for the non-selective control of weeds in aquatic situations.
· Grazon Extra, Stinger or Metsulfuron-methyl products for the control of woody weeds, including but not limited to Sweet Briar, Blackberry, St John’s Wort and Scotch/English Broom.
· MCPA or Dicamba formulations for the control of Thistles.
· Bromoxynil for the control of Fireweed.
In light of community concerns regarding the use of Glyphosate products in public areas, Council is currently investigating the use of Glyphosate alternative products in identified sensitive areas of the Snowy Monaro region. Pesticide use notifications specific to these applications will be posted on-site in accordance with Council’s Pesticide Use Notification Plan. Please contact Council on 1300 345 345 for more information.