Snowy Monaro Regional Council is calling on the Michelago community to have their say on the development of a village masterplan.
Following on from the Michelago Local Character Workshop held earlier this year, the Michelago Masterplan) is a short-term action of the Snowy Monaro Settlements Strategy (currently on public exhibition) and is instrumental in helping to guide a sustainable future for the village.
“In recent years we’ve seen an increased demand for rural property in places like Michelago, from people looking for a rural lifestyle within a short distance of Canberra” said Mayor Peter Beer.
“Michelago is at an interesting crossroads where it could remain either as a rural village, preserving what many residents currently love about their community, or grow into a small town with advances to infrastructure and community facilities.
“The masterplan plan process has been initiated to guide Michelago through these important decisions, ensuring any evolution is purposeful and most importantly enables the community to have a say in the future of the village.”
The masterplan will be prepared by a specialist consultant team with input and advice from Council, the local community and businesses. The plan will set out a proposed physical structure for Michelago, incorporating residential, commercial and open space uses, along with recommendations for a Development Contribution Plan.
Members of the community are strongly encouraged to have their say by:
• Visiting the Michelago Masterplan page on Council’s website to complete the online survey - https://yoursaysnowymonaro.com.au/michelago-masterplan
• Contribute to the online Big Ideas Board (see bottom of the Masterplan webpage)
• Use the interactive map on Council’s website to upload a photo and drop a pin on your favourite place in Michelago
• Attend the Michelago Masterplan Visioning Community Workshop either in person or online on Thursday 10 December 2020
• Write to Council’s CEO with your feedback by mail or email email@example.com
Feedback on this phase of the Michelago Masterplan closes on Friday 18 December. Further opportunities for community input will be provided as the project progresses.