Council Roadsides, Reserves and Crown Reserves
Public notification is based on the principle that, people who live and work in an area have a basic right to know when public places in the area are treated with pesticides. More information on pesticide use notification is available from the NSW Environment and Protection Authority - Compulsory Notification of Pesticide Use.
To comply with the regulations Snowy Monaro Regional Council has prepared a Pesticide Use Notification Plan that sets out how, when and where it will notify the general public of any recent or intended pesticide applications to prescribed public places under its control.
Snowy Monaro Regional Council wish to inform the general public that pesticide use will be in accordance to the below notification.
SNOWY MONARO REGIONAL COUNCIL NOTICE OF PESTICIDE USE: for the period between 10 September 2021 to June 2022.
Notice is given pursuant to Part 4B of the Pesticide Regulations 1995, that Snowy Monaro Regional Council will be carrying out the following herbicide applications on roadsides, reserves, operational lands and Crown lands within the Snowy Monaro Region:
- Flupropanate products for the control of Serrated Tussock, African Lovegrass, Chilean Needle Grass, Coolatai Grass and other exotic, perennial grass weeds.
- Glyphosate 450 for the control of exotic, perennial grass weeds as detailed above; in addition to the non-selective control of general weeds around guideposts, signs, under guardrails and in urban situations.
- Roundup bioactive or alternative aquatic approved Glyphosate formulation for the non-selective control of weeds in aquatic situations.
- Grazon Extra, Stinger or Metsulfuron-methyl products for the control of woody weeds, including but not limited to Sweet Briar, Blackberry, St John’s Wort and Scotch/English Broom.
- MCPA or Dicamba formulations for the control of Thistles.
- Bromoxynil for the control of Fireweed