|Waste Management Charge
||$125.00 per annum
|Domestic Recycling Collection Service
||$122.00 per annum
|Domestic Waste Collection Service
||$262.00 per annum
|Domestic Waste Collection - Upsize to 240L bin from 120L bin
||$157.00 per annum
|Domestic Food and Garden Organic Collection Service
(Currently ONLY available in Cooma)
|$58.00 per annum
|Domestic Waste Vacant Land Charge
||$20.00 per annum
|Bank of Bins Waste and Recycling Charge
||$250.00 per annum
|Bank of Bins Key Deposit (BOB)
||$47.00 per key
|Wheel Out/ Wheel In Collection
||$888.00 per annum
|Additional Waste/Recycling Collection due to environmental threat
$46.00 per bin
Any resident that places a waste or recycling bin out for collection on the wrong collection day which can cause an environmental threat of the contents escaping, at the determination of the waste collection staff, that needs to be emptied, will be emptied at the rate specified in Section 22 of the Fees and Charges and billed to the owner. The details of the bin will be sent to compliance for follow up action.
NOTE: Any ratepayer seeking Pensioner discount or assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Must be the ratepayers principle place of residence.
- Council must have a copy of the completed pension application form.
- Council must have a copy of the front and back of the pension concession card.
To apply for a Pensioner Rebate, please download the Pensioner Concession Application Form(PDF, 736KB) . Please return your completed form to Council, with a copy of your Pension Card.
Once Council receives your application, Centrelink will be contacted to confirm your eligibility to receive a rebate on your rates.
- It is the responsibility of residents and commercial customers to look after their bins. If a bin goes missing it is up to the resident/business owner to find it. Each bin has a unique serial and/or chip number which can be provided to assist with finding the missing bin. If the missing bin is not found it needs to be replaced at the cost of the resident/business owner.
- Replacement bin costs are as per adopted fees and charges. Council must be contacted to arrange payment. Council may not deliver the replacement bin until payment has been received. If the missing bin is found after the resident has paid for a replacement Council will refund the replacement cost and collect the replacement bin.
- Any waste and recycling bins that are damaged by residents, tenants, or business owners will need to be replaced at the cost of the resident/business owner. Damage may include, but is not limited to, melting with hot ash, private vehicular damage etc. If the bin is deemed to be damaged by Council or Council's contractor, the bin will then be replaced at no charge.
- Council will only collect waste and recycling bins that have been issued by Council.
- For major commercial waste and recycling collection contracts, the General Manager has the authority to negotiate a competitive price that does not create a financial loss for Council.
- In–kind support applications must be completed within the required time frames.