VendorPanel eProcurement tool.
Snowy Monaro Regional Council introduced VendorPanel as our new
e-Procurement process in May 2017, designed to simplify the way the Council seeks Quotations, releases and responds to Tenders.
VendorPanel is a web-based eProcurement platform used by hundreds of public and private sector organisations to increase transparency and compliance in quotation-based purchasing processes.
Benefits for Suppliers
VendorPanel allows Council Officers to request quotes from four (4) types of supplier categories:
- Open market (Marketplace) suppliers,
- Registered suppliers (Self-Invitation), and
- Selected Pre-qualified suppliers (Tender Established), and
- Third Party Contracts established by our business partners. (i.e Local Government Procurement, Procurement Australia, State Government Contracts)
VendorPanel gives suppliers an easy and consistent way to hear about opportunities from Snowy Monaro Regional Council and other VendorPanel buyers. For the supplier, VendorPanel is:
- Free to suppliers and contractors to register on VendorPanel
- Easy to set up – just add your business details and relevant compliance documents.
- Provides a consistent RFQ format and process.
- Simplifies management of compliance documents for the Council.
- Gives Council Officers an easy way to send out quotes, increasing the chances of you hearing about works.
- Allows you to manage multiple supplier lists from one account.
- Set up so users can easily download reports on all the requests received, with a record of what you responded to.
Four types of Supplier Categories
1. The Marketplace - Engaging our Local Suppliers
VendorPanel Marketplace will be used by Council employees when there is no preferred or prequalified supplier arrangement in place and where the planned expenditure is below $150,000 (inclusive of GST). At the heart of this solution, Snowy Monaro Regional Council is trying to make it easier to engage with local suppliers and the open market, giving small to medium enterprises better access to Council opportunities and increase governance and transparency in our quotation process.
The VendorPanel Marketplace will be used for quotations sought from suppliers and contractors where goods and services are not able to be sourced from the other three supplier categories listed below.
Suppliers and Contractors should register in MarketPlace for all the categories that best represent the goods and service they provide.
VendorPanel MarketPlace also provides opportunities for suppliers and contractors to be visible to other councils and government entities that use VendorPanel.
To register on the Marketplace
- follow the link below;
- register for an invitation to create a VendorPanel account;
- once you receive your invitation, follow this simple 5 step process described in this short video.
REGISTER FOR A VENDORPANEL MARKETPLACE INVITATION EMAIL
2. Registered Supplier (Self-Invitation)
A pool of contracted suppliers that are registered by self-invitation for frequently used goods and services under $150,000 including GST. This pool of suppliers could also be established through SMRC requesting an Expression of Interest (EOI) or similar process.
Registered suppliers and contractors will be required to submit and maintain compliance requirements specific to the category of goods and services they are applying for. For example:
- Valid ABN Number
- Public and Product Liability
- Workers Compensation Certificate
- any other licence specific to that panel for the goods and service
To become a registered supplier for any of the services below please follow the applicable link.
3. SMRC Pre-qualified Suppliers (Tender Established)
Panels of contractors and suppliers established through a tender process for any goods and services valued at more than $150,000 including GST.
The following categories have an established SMRC Pre-qualified local panel:
- No panels have been established as yet
The VendorPanel account that each supplier creates is their private account and is not visible to council staff. For this reason, council staff do not have access to supplier login or password details and any account queries should be directed to the VendorPanel support team.
For more information on the VendorPanel or VendorPanel MarketPlace, please contact the VendorPanel support team on 03 9095 6181.