Council audit out for tender
Published on 17 May 2023
Following Council Resolution 69/23 That an independent audit take place before consideration of developing a business case for the demerger of Snowy Monaro Regional Council is undertaken, Council has this week issued a tender for the audit works as determined by the Councillors.
The audit will be carried out independent of the organisation and the results will be reported to Council, the Audit Risk and Improvement Committee, the internal auditor and Council’s external auditor.
The following constitutes the scope of the audit:
- Identify whether the funds held by the three former councils have been expended in accordance with the resolutions of the Council and to the benefit of the residents of the former council areas.
- Identify whether Council funds have been spent in accordance with Council's adopted budgets and/or Council resolutions.
- Review concerns that theft, embezzlement, corruption and fraud have occurred and to identify whether such incidences or activities have taken place since the creation of Snowy Monaro Regional Council in May 2016 and investigate matters where this is warranted.
- Identify whether corrupt activities have been occurring in relation to the decision-making processes at Snowy Monaro Regional Council.
- Identify whether any member of staff engaged in corrupt, fraudulent or unlawful behaviour.
Tenders will close at 4pm on Monday 12 June 2023.
COUNCIL RESOLUTION 69/23
That an independent audit take place before consideration of developing a business case for the demerger of Snowy Monaro Regional Council is undertaken.
Record of Voting:
Councillors For: Councillor Frolich, Councillor Hanna, Councillor Hopkins, Councillor Johnson, Councillor Stewart and Councillor Williamson.
Councillors Against: Councillor Beer, Deputy Mayor Higgins, Councillor Summers and Councillor Mitchell.