Animal Complaints

Council can only act upon issues that we know about, so please, if you have a concern or complaint contact council.

If complaint is about a Barking Dog please visit the barking dog information page

Council is obliged to deal with all complaints and concerns properly and professionally. These may be unauthorised or prohibited activities, failure to comply with all aspects of legislation or may be contrary to the terms of consent, licensing or approval.

Complaints can be received via telephone, email or writing. All complaints are confidential and anonymous complaints may not be investigated.

Once a complaint is received, council will take appropriate action which may include the issue of a Penalty Infringement Notice, a formal warning or caution, or referral to another relevant agency.

Enforcement may involve one or more of the above actions.

If n or little action is taken in relation to a matter, You are entitled to to ask for reasons regarding the decision.

If you have concerns over the welfare of an animal please visit the RSPCA Website and report the matter to RSPCA inspectors