Snowy Monaro Regional Council was established on 12 May 2016. The former Council LEPs are still current for the former Shire areas and as such land use within Snowy Monaro Regional Council is guided by three Local Environmental Plans (LEPs).
- Former Bombala Council Local Environmental Plan (LEP)
- Former Cooma-Monaro Shire Council Local Environmental Plan (LEP)
- Former Snowy River Shire LEP
- Amendments to LEPs
The LEPs set out the type of future development allowed in each location.
A Development Control Plan (DCP) is a detailed guideline that illustrates the controls that apply to a particular type of development or in a particular area. Development Control Plans, prepared in accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, are used to help achieve the objectives of a Local Environmental Plan or Regional Environmental Plan by providing specific, comprehensive requirements for certain types of development or locations e.g. for urban design, and heritage precincts and properties
The former Council DCPs are still current for the former Shire areas.
- Former Bombala Council Development Control Plan (DCP)
- Former Cooma-Monaro Shire Council Development Control Plan (DCP)
- Former Snowy River Shire Council Development Control Plan (DCP)
- Community Participation Plan
- Development Engineering Specifications
To determine what controls are relevant for your property the NSW Planning Portal ePlanning Spatial Viewer is a tool everyone can use to locate a property and find out what controls relate to the land.
Snowy Monaro Regional Council is currently working toward a Principle Plan within the next four years.