Food Safety Complaints
Local councils inspect most types of retail food business and take food safety complaints about them.
- Suspected food poisoning
- Unhygienic or incorrect food handling, storage. transport or preparation
- Foreign matter in food
- Allergens not listed in ingredients
- Misleading or incomplete labeling
- Unsuitable or unsafe ingredients
- Unlicensed sale or serving of food
Council may not be able to investigate complaints where:
- They are not about the sale of food
- Insufficient detail is provided
- They are vengeful and not in good faith
To lodge a complaint
Complaints should be lodged in writing. The author should provide a name and contact details so that Officers may seek additional information.
Complaints can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, posted or dropped into one of our offices.
See our contact details here.