Funds approved for the restoration of an Adaminaby icon
Published on 30 May 2023
Adaminaby’s Big Trout is set for a major restoration thanks to a grant of approximately $318,000 from the NSW Government’s Stronger Country Communities Fund.
Snowy Monaro Regional Council is delighted and privileged to announce that the repair plan will be developed by International Conservation Services (ICS) in collaboration with Council’s Corporate Projects Team.
ICS is Australia’s largest fine arts and heritage conservation firm, having recently completed projects including the restoration of the doors of Old Parliament House in Canberra and the Hall of Memories at the Australian War Memorial.
Repairs will be carried by ICS’s team of world-class heritage restorers and conservators, while Council undertakes works on improving the parklands surrounding the Adaminaby icon.
This announcement follows Council’s recent community meetings in Adaminaby, and the Big Trout Restoration project joins a long list of work planned and underway for the village. These include:
• Upgrade and sealing of Lucas Street
• Upgrade and sealing of the unnamed laneway east of Denison Street
• Upgrade to stormwater drains, kerbs and guttering in Baker Street
• Light vehicle and caravan parking area adjacent to the Big Trout
• Heavy vehicle parking area adjacent to the Adaminaby Showground
For more information, please contact Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 345 345.