Cooma-Monaro Shire Development Control Plan
This Development Control Plan (DCP) provides detailed provisions with respect to the design and carrying out of development within Cooma-Monaro Shire. The fundamental purpose of these provisions is to complement the Cooma-Monaro Local Environmental Plan 2013 and assist in the achievement of its aims and objectives. As such it should be read in conjunction with the Cooma-Monaro Local Environmental Plan 2013, which sets the primary planning provisions for the Cooma-Monaro local government area, and other relevant environmental planning instruments made under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979 (EP&A Act).
This Plan aims to:
- Provide detailed development controls for the whole of the Cooma-Monaro local government area to assist in the achievement of the aims and objectives of the Cooma-Monaro Local Environmental Plan 2013.
- Achieve a high quality environment (both natural and built) that maintains or enhances the character of the Cooma-Monaro local government area and its localities.
- Encourage development that contributes to the quality of the public domain.
- Ensure development positively responds to the qualities of the site and its context.
- Guide applicants in preparing high-quality standard development applications.
- Provide clarity