KEY FACTS ABOUT YALLAMBEE LODGE
- Yallambee Lodge is a 40-bed facility, consisting of 38 permanent beds and two respite beds.
- All rooms in the facility are private and equipped with ensuite bathrooms.
- The facility features gardens and open shared spaces, providing opportunities for activities and socialising.
- Yallambee Lodge offers a comprehensive range of care services, including palliative care for residents with complex personal and care needs.
- The facility caters to residents with higher care requirements.
- The care services are provided by a team of registered nurses, enrolled nurses, and carers.
- A registered nurse is available on call 24 hours a day, ensuring round-the-clock care and support.
Yallambee Lodge offers residential aged care and respite care services in its facilities. Care staff work with the resident and family members to develop a personalised care and services plan. This plan is regularly reviewed, considering any changes in needs or preferences, and in collaboration with the resident and/or their nominated representative/s.
Yallambee Lodge prioritises safety with multiple call bell options available, including in rooms, bathrooms, and communal areas. Residents are provided with personal portable call bell pendants, which must be always worn for their safety. Care staff are trained to respond promptly to call bells, and we continuously audit the system to ensure efficient response times. Through data collection and monitoring, Yallambee Lodge identifies areas for improvement and generates reports accordingly.
A key focus for Yallambee Lodge is continuous improvement, and actively seeking feedback from all stakeholders, including residents. Yallambee employ various methods to foster improvement, such as monitoring and measuring outcomes, conducting audits and surveys, participating in external reviews of our performance against Aged Care Quality Standards, holding focus groups, and encouraging input from residents and care staff regarding operations and strategic direction.