Water and Wastewater Connection

1. What are Section 64 Water and Sewer Charges?

Section 64 of the Local Government Act 1993 enables Council to levy developer charges to assist with the provision of public facilities and infrastructure.

The reason why Council charges s305 is that development growth will place additional demands and loadings on the water supply, sewerage and storm-water systems. If Council does not charge as development occurs — existing ratepayers will pay through increased rates or borrowing to fund these facilities.

Council charges s64 according to its Development Servicing Plan (DSP) which is produced using the most current asset and financial information. Before a new development connects to Council's system, the s64 charge will be calculated and must be paid according to the current DSP.

2. How much will my Section 64 charges be?

Section 64 charges are determined based on a number of factors including type and size of the development and location of the development. Please contact your local Council branch for current fees. 

Charges are levied at the rate as determined by the charges plan at the time of payment and any quoted but unpaid levies are increased by CPI yearly to ensure levies received meet the current costs of providing the infrastructure.

3. How do I make any required Section 64 charges?

To make Section 64 charges , you need to follow these four steps:

  1. Complete and lodge a Section 305 Application form - Section-305-Application-for-Water-and-Sewer-Contributions.pdf(PDF, 449KB)
  2. A written notice from Council detailing the amount required to be paid will be provided to the applicant.
  3. Pay your charges.
  4. Ensure any infrastructure works required under your DA are completed and inspected.

Once these steps are completed your Section 307 Compliance Certificate will be issued. 

If you need help or advice, please ring Council's Development Engineering Department on 1300 345 345.

4. Lodging your application

Via Email 

Applications can be emailed to:



In Person

Office Locations:

Cooma      81 Commissioner Street, Cooma
(Mon-Fri 8.30am – 4pm)

Berridale   2 Myack Street, Berridale
(Mon-Fri 8.30am – 4pm)

Bombala   71 Caveat Street, Bombala
(Mon-Fri 8.30am – 4pm)

Jindabyne 2/1 Gippsland Street, Jindabyne
(Mon-Fri 8.30am – 4pm) 

Via Mail 

Mail application and payment to:

 Snowy Monaro Regional Council
 PO Box 714
 COOMA  NSW  2630